The following instruments are available:
for studies of the nanostructure of bulk samples
Contact: Dr. André HeinemannE-mail contact
for studies of nanostructures at interfaces
Contact: Dr. Jean-François MoulinE-mail contact
for sample preparation and complementary characterisation
Contact: Armin KrieleE-mail contact
The most important methods:
• Diffraction – strain analysis
For measurements of stresses in the interior of materials and components.
• Diffraction – texture measurements
For measurements of crystallographic textures.
• Diffraction – phase analysis
For the quantitative determination of the phase composition of a material.
• Small-Angle Neutron Scattering (SANS)
For the analysis of nanostructures in the bulk, e.g. precipitates.
• Neutronen-reflectometry and small-angle scattering under grazing incidence (GISANS)
For the analysis of nanostructuires at interfaces, e.g. coatings.