Young Investigator Group
- Best Paper Award 2016 of the "Joining of Plastics and Composites Special Interest Group" for the paper: “PRELIMINARY ANALYTICAL MODELING OF HEAT INPUT IN FRICTION RIVETING", Sergio T. Amancio Filho, Jorge F. dos Santos, at ANTEC 2016 -Annual Technical Conference of the Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE), Indianapolis, USA, 23rd May 2016.
- “Early Career Researcher’s Competition 2013” for best PhD thesis (Winner: Dr. Lucian A. Blaga, supervised PhD Student)” for the work “Friction Riveting of Glass Fibre Reinforced Lightweight Emergency Bridges Network Group for Composites in Construction (NGCC), 10th-12th September 2013, Belfast, UK
- “Airbus PhD Day 2012’s speaker award (Runner-up: Dr.-Ing. Julie Altmeyer, supervised PhD student) for the work “Fundamental characteristics of friction riveted multi-material joints: effect of process parameters on joint formation and performance, 22nd October 2012, Getafe, Spain
- Henry Granjon Prize 2009 of the International Institute of Welding Category A: Joining and Fabrication Technology (Prof. Dr.-Ing. S. Amancio), Singapore.
- Nordmetall Prize 2008 of the Northern German Association of Metal and Electric Industry for the best PhD thesis in 2007of the state of Hamburg (Prof. Dr.-Ing. S. Amancio), Hamburg, Germany.
- Best Graduate Student Presentation Award of the "Joining of Plastics and Composites Special Interest Group" for the paper: “FricRiveting a new technique for joining thermoplastics to lightweight alloys” (S. Amancio), at ANTEC 2008 -Annual Technical Conference of the Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE), Milwaukee, USA, 3rd May 2008.
- Best Paper Award 2014 of the "Joining of Plastics and Composites Special Interest Group" for the paper: “FRICTION STAKING: A NOVEL STAKING JOINING METHOD FOR HYBRID STRUCTURES, André B. Abibe, Jorge F. dos Santos, Sergio T. Amancio Filho, at ANTEC 2014 -Annual Technical Conference of the Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE), Las Vegas, USA, 29th May 2014.
- Best Poster Award at the 26th Polymer Processing Society Annual Meeting: Second Place with the work entitled “A.Abibe, S. Amancio, J.F. dos Santos, E. Hage, Jr., Processing and analysis of a new joining method for polymer-metal hybrid structures”, Banff Centre, Calgary, Canada, 4th July 2010.
- Henry Granjon Prize 2016 of the International Institute of Welding. Winner: Dr.-Ing. Seyed M. Goushegir. Category A: Joining and Fabrication Technology (Friction Spot Joining), Melbourne, Australia.
- “2015 GHTC ALUMNI IN DALLAS”, award in Lightweight Design, prize of Germany Trade & Invest (GTAI) for GHTC® Alumni to present the Friction Spot Joining (http://www.research-in-germany.org/en/campaigns-and-activities/ghtc-award/2015-ghtc-meets-gtai/Amancio.html ) at CAMX 2015, 29th October 2019, Dallas, USA.
- “German High Tech Champions 2013 in Lightweight Design”, award in the category joining technology (http://www.research-in-germany.org/en/campaigns-and-activities/ghtc-award/2013-lightweight-design-v2/Amancio.html), Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and Fraunhofer Institut, Munich, Germany.
- »Raiser Innovation Award for Friction Welding« Category: Auszeichnung. S.T. Amancio-Filho, Friction Spot Joining of Lightweight Metals and Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Hybrid Structures”, Klaus Raiser GmbH, Munich, March 2011.
Joining of Metal-Composite Structures
- “Rising Star, Category Joining Techniques“ Automotive Circle International, Automotive Engineering Expo 2015, Nürnberg, 9th June 2015.