- since Jan 2019 PhD candidate at University of Hamburg, and International Max Planck Research School on Earth System Modelling
- since Sep 2018 PhD student at Institute of Coastal Research, in the group of Coastal Impacts and Paleoclimate, Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht, Germany
- Oct 2017 - Aug 2018 PhD student at Institute of Coastal Research in the group of Small scale physics and turbulence, Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht, Germany
- Feb 2017 - Aug 2017 Master thesis student in Climate Modelling, University of Hamburg, Germany and National Oceanography Centre Southampton, United Kingdom.
MSc thesis The influence of the AMOC strength at 26N on seasonal SST predictability in the North Atlantic
- Oct 2016 - Jan 2017 Erasmus Mundus MSc Marine Environment and Resources, University of Southampton, United Kingdom
- Aug 2016 - Sep 2016 Visiting student in Climate Modelling, University of Hamburg, Germany
- Feb 2016 - Jun 2016 Erasmus Mundus MSc Marine Environment and Resources, University of the Basque Country, Spain
- Sep 2015 - Jan 2016 Erasmus Mundus MSc Marine Environment and Resources, University of Bordeaux, France
- Jun 2014 - Aug 2014 Internship at National Oceanography Centre Southampton, United Kingdom
- Sep 2013 - Aug 2014 Exchange student at BSc Oceanography, University of Southampton, United Kingdom
- Mar 2010 - Dec 2014 BSc Oceanography, Federal University of Bahia, Brazil.
BSc thesis Climatology of the riverine discharge into the Brazilian Continental Shelf
I am interested in the North Atlantic climate variability at different timescales. In particular, I am interested in the influence of the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (AMOC) on the sea surface temperature variability at seasonal timescales. In my current project, I aim to explore different artificial inteligence tools combined with large-scale physical mechanisms in the North Atlantic, assessing its potential to improve climate predictions ranging from seasonal to decadal timescales.
- Carvalho Oliveira, J., Aguiar, W., Cirano, M., Genz, F., & Negreiros de Amorim, F. (2018): A climatology of the annual cycle of river discharges into the Brazilian continental shelves: from seasonal to interannual variability. Environmental Earth Sciences, March 2018, 77:192, doi:10.1007/s12665-018-7349-y