- Interaction between physical and biological processes
- The impact of offshore wind farms on oceanographic processes
- Turbulence, turbulence parameterizations and mixing
- The aquisition and interpretation of microstructure data
- Boundary layer processes
since July 2015 PhD Student Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht
- since October 2015 Member of the Graduate Program of Integrated Climate System Sciences at CliSAP (University Hamburg - Cluster of Excellence „Integrated Climate System Analysis and Prediction“)
2011 - 2013 M.Sc. Environmental Sciences University of Cologne, Germany
- Schultze, L.K.P., L. Merckelbach & J.R. Carpenter (2017): Turbulence and mixing in a shallow stratified shelf sea from underwater gliders. Journal of Geophysical Research -- Oceans, in press, doi: 10.1002/2017JC012872.
- Schultze, L.K.P., M.V. Simon, T. Li, D. Langenbach, B. Podola & M. Melkonian (2015): High light and carbon dioxide optimize surface productivity in a twin-layer biofilm photobioreactor. Algal Research, 8, 37-44.