Chemical Laboratory Assistant
What do we expect of you?
An interest in science and good teamwork skills are just as important as a very good secondary school-leaving certificate (Realschule) or a high school diploma (or equivalent).
How does the apprenticeship work?
The training lasts 3 1/2 years and takes place at our branch in Teltow. You will complete the basic training and other practical parts of the course at a training centre in Berlin. You will also attend vocational college.
Your tasks during your apprenticeship will be:
- to examine organic and inorganic substances/products with regard to type, quantity, and structure (analysis)
- to examine chemical processes
- to produce substance mixtures and develop or optimise synthesis processes of preparations
What will you learn during the apprenticeship?
Your training will include, for example:
- analysing and characterising organic and biological substances
- producing organic and biological compounds
- planning test procedures and setting up apparatus
- cooperating with domestic and international natural scientists
- QM compliant recording and documenting
- computer-aided instrument control, data acquisition, evaluation, and transfer
- following German- and English-language regulations in your work