Data Scientist (m/f/d) Data Mining and Modelling of Intermetallic Materials
|Beginn der Ausschreibung||31.07.2020|
|Ende der Ausschreibung||27.08.2020|
|Institut bzw. Bereich||Institut für Werkstoffforschung|
|Jetzt bewerben||Zum Bewerberportal|
|Bewerbermanagement||Frau Erika Krüger|
For a project in data mining and modelling of intermetallic materials our institute of materials research offers a position - limited for three years - for a Data Scientist (m/f/d) to work on a project in the border area between materials science and informatics.
The department metal physics investigates novel metallic and intermetallic lightweight materials by combining experiment, characterization and computer simulation. The topic of the proposed project is collection and processing of materials data published in literature, the development of a machine-learning model, which allows predicting the mechanical behaviour of TiAl based high temperature materials, and its validation by experiments. The place of employment is Geesthacht.
- collect a set of TiAl creep data from literature suited for training of an AI based system for creep strength prediction
- program, train and test a AI based program to predict creep data of TiAl alloys
- make the collected creep data sets available to public in an electronically processable form via internet
- master degree in the fields natural science or engineering.
- sound background, experience and knowledge in computational science and machine learning.
- basic or extended knowledge in materials science, computational materials science, physics or informatics etc. is highly appreciated.
- english language skills sufficient well to discuss with international co-workers about scientific topics and to publish results in scientific journals without difficulty.
- knowledge in programming, e.g. in Python and in the use of software libraries and toolkits for machine-learning and/or image processing, as for example Tensorflow and SciKit.
For further questions, contact
We offer you:
- multinational work environment with over 1,000 colleagues from more than 50 nations
- extensive options of vocational training (i.a. expert seminars, language courses or leadership seminars)
- flexible working hours and various models to ensure the compatibility of family and career
- excellent infrastructure, including a scientific in-house library as well as modern work spaces
- an appropriate salary related to the German public tariff (TV-AVH) plus the usual social benefits for the public employment sector
The promotion of equal rights is a matter of course for us. Severely disabled persons and those equaling severely disabled persons who are equally suitable for the position will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Interested? Then we are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive application documents (cover letter, CV, transcripts, certificates etc.) indicating the reference number 2020/WP 8. Please use the following registration link to upload your complete application documents:
Closing date for applications is August 27th, 2020.