2 PhD Positions (m/f/d)
|Start of announcement||29.07.2020|
|End of announcement||31.08.2020|
|Institute or department||Institute of Polymer Research|
|Apply now||Go to applicant portal|
|Applicant management||Erika Krüger|
The Institute of Polymer Research develops materials and processes for novel polymer membranes for gas and liquid phase separation. In our research, we combine experiments with digital models with the goal of accelerating membrane design and process improvement. We invite applications for two PhD positions, as soon as possible, in the field of nanofiltration membranes for the project “NanoMem”. The principal aim of the project “NanoMem” is to investigate the selective ion transport mechanism through the prepared membranes via experiment and simulation. The position is limited to 3 years.
The task of the PhD students will be to fabricate nanofiltration membranes for water and wastewater treatment. The students will be responsible for preparation of thin film composite membranes and post modification of the membranes to generate functional groups. Permeance of water and ions through the membranes has to be determined experimentally. NanoMem aims to develop fundamental knowledge of mass transport and separation mechanisms of the membranes. An important task of the PhD students will be to identify a valid model for the transport of ions through the membranes prepared by a given chemistry under controlled fabrication conditions. Both of the PhD students will work
on experiment and simulation.
- Master degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Nano Science, Material Science, Physics or related disciplines
- good knowledge of polymer synthesis
- knowledge of numerical analytic methods
- capacity for teamwork in an interdisciplinary environment
- fluency in English is mandatory (spoken and written)
- German language skills are desirable
- background knowledge in computer programming will be an advantage (not mandatory)
For further information, please contact
- multinational work environment with over 1000 colleagues from more than 50 nations
- extensive options of vocational training (i. a. expert seminars, language courses or leadership seminars)
- flexible working hours and various models to ensure the compatibility of family and career
- excellent infrastructure, including a scientific in-house library as well as modern work spaces
- remuneration according to the standards of the collective wage agreement TV-AVH including further social benefits
The promotion of equal rights is a matter of course for us. Severely disabled persons and those equaling severely disabled persons who are equally suitable for the position will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Interested? Please send your application indicating job offer code no. 2020/PM 2 including your CV, a statement of interest in English (maximum 2 pages) and copies of master/diploma/university certificates.
Closing date for applications is August 31st, 2020
Please use the following registration link to upload your complete application documents