Scientific Assistant and Project Manager (m/f/d) oceanography, geosciences, marine biology, environmental sciences
|Beginn der Ausschreibung||04.02.2020|
|Ende der Ausschreibung||03.03.2020|
|Institut||Institut für Küstenforschung|
At the Institute of Coastal Research about 150 scientists research processes on the coast and interactions between the land, the sea and humans to create the scientific basis for sustainable development and future-oriented management of the coasts. The Institute of Coastal Research is organized in three divisions, "Biogeochemistry in Coastal Seas", "Operational Systems" and "System Analysis and Modelling".
The division System Analysis and Modelling invites applications for a scientific assistant and project manager (m/f/d) to assist the director. The position is initially limited for a period of two years, permanent employment is intended. The position is a full-time position, but part time or sharing of the position is generally possible. The place of employment is Geesthacht (Germany).
Assist the institute director in all matters concerning the scientific management of the division System Analysis and Modelling. These include:
- facilitate internal and external communication
- assistance in preparing project proposals
- compilation of period reports
- organisation of meetings and workshops
- preparation of presentations for national and international workshops and conferences
- networking on national and international level
- PhD in oceanography, geosciences, marine biology, environmental sciences or related disciplines
- in-depth familiarity with coastal and climate research and experience from interdisciplinary work environments ability to approach and organize complex tasks in a structured manner
- ability to work under tight time frames
- proficiency in written and oral English and German language
- very good writing skills and the ability to formulate text for experts and non-experts
- good communication skills and ability to work and communicate in an interdisciplinary team of various fields of geosciences and with stakeholders
- excellent team working skills
For inquiries, please contact
- multinational work environment with over 1000 colleagues from more than 50 nations
- extensive options of vocational training (i. a. expert seminars, language courses or leadership seminars)
- flexible working hours and various models to ensure the compatibility of family and career
- excellent infrastructure, including a scientific in-house library as well as modern work spaces
- an appropriate salary related to the German public tariff (TV-AVH) plus the usual social benefits for the public employment sector
The promotion of equal rights is a matter of course for us. Severely disabled persons and those equaling severely disabled persons who are equally suitable for the position will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive application documents (including CV, a statement of interest and copies of master/diploma/university certificates) indicating job offer code no. 2020/KS 1 to
Closing date for applications is March 3th, 2020.