Research Scientist (m/f) – Medical Grade Polymeric Biomaterials
|Start of announcement||09.03.2018|
|End of announcement||06.04.2018|
|Institute||Institute of Biomaterial Science|
|Contact person||Vera Milkereit|
Fundamental research at the Institute of Biomaterial Science of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht is focused on the development of polymer-based biomaterials for medical applications. For our translational research on biomaterial-based medical devices, conducted together with the Berlin-Brandenburg Center for Regenerative Therapies, we are looking to fill the position of a Research Scientist (m/f) immediately. This will be initially a temporary assignment (parental leave) for one year.
The place of employment is Teltow (near Berlin, Germany).
As a Research Scientist for the translational project “Medical Grade Polymeric Biomaterials”, together with the project team, you will be responsible for
- the synthesis of qualified polymers and medical grade materials for the use in pre-clinical and clinical trials. This work involves integrated processes e.g. of synthetic steps and solvent-based processing of samples to distinct shapes like e.g. porous scaffolds or granulates.
- the process control of established lab-scale syntheses and processing during upscaling as well as for quality control of medical grade, polymer-based biomaterials
- the transfer of the developed processes into a GMP-conform clean room to obtain medical grade materials
- characterization of medical grade biomaterials as synthesized as well as after explantation
- compiling and checking the documentation according to the quality management system required for medical device production in cooperation with the quality manager
- training and supervision of the technical staff
- a diversified and responsible job in an international environment
- an attractive working environment where your ideas and your engagement are demanded
- appropriate salary related to TV-AVH as well as the usual public sector social benefits
The advancement of equality at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht goes without saying; in particular, we are striving to increase the percentage of women in the science sector. Severely disabled persons with equal qualifications will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Then we are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive application documents including your CV, description of your scientific and work expertise, list of publications if existing, and copies of credentials (B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.) including grades indicating the code number
preferably via email containing one file not exceeding 8 MB to
The application deadline is April 6th, 2018.