Postdoc - Biology/Biochemistry (m/f)
|Beginn der Ausschreibung||07.02.2018|
|Ende der Ausschreibung||07.03.2018|
|Institut||Institut für Biomaterialforschung|
Fundamental research at the Institute of Biomaterial Science of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht is focused on polymer-based biomaterials for (bio)medical applications. For our research on the interaction of vascular endothelial cells with biomaterials, we are looking to immediately fill the position of a Postdoc (m/f). This will be initially a temporary assignment for two years.
The place of employment is Teltow (near Berlin, Germany).
- in vitro cell culture of vascular cells in mono- and co-culture
- characterization of the endothelialization of polymer surfaces
- immunological diagnostic of cells and proteins (qualitatively and quantitatively)
- flow cytometric characterization of cells and subcellular structures
- microscopy (bright field, fluorescence, atomic force microscopy, scanning electron microscopy)
- assistance in animal experiments
- histological analysis of ex-vivo tissue/implant samples
- summary, analysis, presentation and publication of the scientific results
- successfully completed university degree in biology, biochemistry, chemistry or a related field with a Ph.D. in the area relevant to the task description
- two years of relevant experience with a record of accomplishment of successful research and scientific publications in the above-mentioned research fields
- basic knowledge in the physico-chemical characterization of biomaterials
- familiarity with the design and implementation of complex experimental set-ups
- outstanding organizational skills and a systematic and goal-oriented working style
- fluent English and German
- experienced handling of MS Office software, GraphPad Prism (or equivalents)
For further information please contact Prof. Friedrich Jung (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- a diversified and responsible job in an international environment
- an attractive working environment where your ideas and your engagement are demanded
- appropriate salary related to TV-AVH as well as the usual public sector social benefits
The advancement of equality at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht goes without saying; in particular, we are striving to increase the percentage of women in the science sector. Severely disabled persons with equal qualifications will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive application documents including your CV, description of your scientific and work expertise, list of publications if existing, and copies of credentials (B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.) including grades indicating the reference number
preferably in one file not exceeding 8 MB via email to