|Start of announcement||28.07.2017|
|End of announcement||25.08.2017|
|Institute||Climate Service Center|
|Contact person||Erika Krüger|
The Climate Service Center Germany (GERICS), a scientific organizational entity of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht, Centre for Materials and Coastal Research, invites applications for a PostDoc (m/f) within the project INNOVA. INNOVA will be funded under the ERA4CS H2020 call. The position is initially limited to 36 months. The place of employment is Hamburg.
In INNOVA particular emphasis will be placed on cutting-edge climate services research by (1) a combination of social (i.e. those processes and outcomes focused on addressing societal goals) and economic innovation, (i.e., prioritization and novel viable business models), both technological (i.e., drought monitoring, green infrastructure, flood protection measures) and non-technological (i.e,. changes in procedures, management systems, governance structures) elements that can lead to employment and sustainable growth; (2) the development of technological and performance assessment for risk management and extreme risk response options, fostering adaptive innovation; and (3) monitoring the performance, effectiveness and scalability of the INNOVA approaches, including post-implementation requirements (like regulating instruments and business models), and operational and organizational/governance needs. In this way, the project contributes in an innovative way to understanding the key role of business models and performance monitoring, in enhancing innovation, market uptake and replicability of climate services. The direct engagement of a broad range of relevant stakeholders as beneficiaries of the project that co-develop climate and risk management strategies in key economic sectors will ensure the upscaling and uptake of the project outputs.
The Climate Service Center Germany (GERICS) is looking for an individual to support the management and scientific work to be developed during the project life time of INNOVA.
The tasks will be:
- the management of the project in close collaboration with the scientific coordinator
- scientific work within the project following the needs of the project's document of action
- coordination of workshops and project meetings
- collaboration with other GERICS’ departments
- writing of scientific publications
- support the visibility of the project
We expect you to:
- have a PhD preferably in Environmental Sciences, Geography, Ecological Economics or similar background
- experience in the use of System Dynamic Modelling will be an asset
- have at least 5 years of experience in management of projects (preferably EU projects)
- you should have scientific publication in the intersection of science and use of science
- you should be highly motivated, proactice, self-reliant, assertive, with an excellent time-management
- you should be able to work interdisciplinary connecting
- you should be proficient in English and at least one other international language (German, Spanish and/or French would be of advantage). Since we are a German institution we support you to learn German.
For any inquiries regarding the position, please
We offer an appropriate salary related to TV-AVH as well as the usual public sector social benefits. The advancement of equality at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht goes without saying; in particular, we are striving to increase the percentage of women in the science sector. Severely disabled persons with equal qualifications will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Please send your application indicating job offer
code-no. 2017/CS 8
preferably by e-mail to
Interviews will be held the week from the 11th to the 15th of September.
Closing date for application is August 25nd, 2017.