Equal Opportunities at HZG
We aim to
- make equal opportunities a central issue for all HZG employees,
- increase the proportion of women in scientific areas and executive positions.
Today we already regard it as self-evident that we should
- offer our employees flexible working hours and the opportunity to telework,
- provide a family service to help employees with an unexpected childcare problem,
- enable targeted career planning on the basis of advanced training opportunities,
- and anchor such activities in a variety of networks.
In order to provide equal opportunities we will
- develop a concept to promote women at them Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht,
- hold an election to select an Equal Opportunities Officer who is involved in all substantial measures related to personnel, organizational and social issues; who provides personal consultation and concrete support to individual colleagues; and who organizes events on the subject of equal opportunities.