What do we expect of you?
We require a good secondary school-leaving certificate (Realschule), very good spatial awareness, interest in technical-functional contexts, and good comprehension. In addition, good numeracy skills, being happy to work at a computer, precise work, reliability, commitment, and basic knowledge of English are important.
How does the apprenticeship work?
The apprenticeship lasts three years with a dual system of work and vocational college. This means that in addition to working at the company, you will spend one or two days a week at vocational college. At the end of your apprenticeship, you will receive your certificate as draftsman/woman with a focus on architecture.
Your tasks during your apprenticeship will be:
- to perform general office work (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Professional, CAFM, etc.)
- to create drawings using CAD programmes
- to participate in construction planning
- to record and document changes following structural alterations
- to do various internships on construction sites (civil engineering, bricklaying, carpentry, drywall construction, surveying, etc.)
During your apprenticeship, you will learn:
- work processes in organisation and communication
- to work with authorities and other parties involved in construction,
- to use information and communication technologies
- techniques in computer-aided drawing
- to carry out inventories and surveying
- drawing and technical calculations
- to comply with building regulations in construction planning