How to reach the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht
Important information for users of satellite navigation
Please note that some route planners will direct you wrong if you follow the directions to "Max-Planck-Straße". For a correct navigation please use "Geesthacht / Grüner Jäger" as your destination.
Coming from Geesthacht by using the B5 to Lauenburg follow the street another 300 meters and turn right into "Max-Planck-Straße".
From the direction of Lauenburg please follow the signs about 300 metres before reaching "Grüner Jäger".
Journey to the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht
Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht GmbH
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht is located about 30 km southeast of Hamburg. To get to us:
from the airport Hamburg-Fuhlsbüttel
- by suburban railway S 1 to the main railway station Hamburger Hauptbahnhof (25 minutes), departure every 10 minutes (6 am - 11 pm)
from main railway station Hamburg/"Hauptbahnhof Hamburg"
- Visitors registered for the manlock "Tesperhude" can take the suburban railway S 2 or S 21 to Hamburg-Bergedorf (20 minutes), then take the bus No. 8800 from Bergedorf and alight at the stop "Tesperhude, Strandweg" (25 minutes). The walk (5 minutes) from the bus stop to the manlock in the Reaktorstrasse in Tesperhude ist not signposted, so please inform yourself in advance.
- by suburban railway S 2 or S 21 to Hamburg-Bergedorf (20 minutes), then take bus No. 31 via "Geesthacht, ZOB" to the stop "Grüner Jäger" (25 minutes) and from that bus stop you have a 20-minute walk to reach the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht
- or use bus No. 8890 to go from Bergedorf to "Geesthacht, ZOB" (30 minutes), from "Geesthacht, ZOB" you will need about 10 minutes to reach the centre by taxi (about 10 Euros)
- to drive without taxi from "Geesthacht, ZOB" to the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht you also can use Bus No. 139 (direction "Fährstrasse") to the stop "Otto-Hahn-Straße", from there you turn into the Otto-Hahn-Straße on the opposite side of the bus stop and follow the street through a wooded area, at the end of the Otto-Hahn-Straße is the main gate of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht.
For further information about connections to the centre please search under the following link:
- from Berlin on A 24 use exit "Hornbek" follow the road to Lauenburg, then the B 5 to Geesthacht
- from the south follow the A 1 to Hamburg, then to Lübeck, then use the A 25 to Geesthacht and the B 5 to Lauenburg. The centre is located on right about 3 km after Geesthacht
- from the airport about 60 minutes/60 Euros
- from the main station about 45 minutes/40 Euros
- from Geesthacht about 10 minutes/10 Euros